Friday, September 4, 2009

Buy and Sell Used Textbooks

As an online student, you may find that many of your books are customized for your school rather than being just a standard text. For example, American InterContinental University ships textbooks to students automatically and most books have the AIU logo. Although many schools have the textbook price built into the tuition cost, you will save money by shopping around for your textbooks. Even if your book is customized for your school, you might find books on a used book source website.


half.com
ebay.com
Save up to 90% on New and Used Textbooks with AbeBooks.com
Sell and Buy Used Textbooks at Amazon.com
Sell Used Books - Ship Your Books For Free And Get Fast Cash Back!
barnesandnoble.com
Textbooks.com

Ask your professors if previous editions will be acceptable. Sometimes they will post the newest edition as their selected text because the bookstore can't order enough of the previous edition. Sometimes there are very few changes so a previous edition will work fine. International editions are usually identical to the US editions and much cheaper. If you school doesn't already have a website for students to trade textbooks, suggest one.

Sell Used Books Online - Quick Cash, Free Shipping, Free Quotes!

Keep in mind that your classes might move too quickly to order books from websites where individuals handle selling. If you need the book quickly and price isn't too much of a concern, Barnes and Noble will be better. I haven't really had too many complaints about buying books online. I prefer to pay by PayPal especially because one time I sent a check to a lady and she claimed she never got it. My $50.00 check was either in her hands or lost in the mail. Canceling the check would have cost $30.00 through my bank. She asked me to send another one--- which I did not. She eventually figured out that the check was at her Post Office box rather than at her regular home mailing address. When I finally got the book, it was the wrong edition and smelled heavily of cigarette smoke.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Slideshow Below Posts

 
Education Directory Blog Directory Development and Growth Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory

Site Info

Online School Search was created after my exhausting search for an online school. I first began in 2001. After deciding that there weren't enough degree options and the cost was too high, I focused my attention on my job. In 2005, I began attending a regular college and by 2009, I found that my learning style was best suited for something other than the "face-to-face" university. My goal is to provide resources for those of you considering online courses or a degree.

My College Update

I recently enrolled at Franklin University. I am taking the required introduction class PF321. This course is a 6 week tutorial on how to use tools for completing online courses. The class is also available as a 3 week course, but my registration was completed too late to enroll in the shorter class.

My textbooks arrived in 2 days!!

Best Online Colleges Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie